Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: JS
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:20:18 +0200

Kevin Rodgers wrote:

> JS wrote:
>  > Joe Corneli wrote:
>  > > From the tutorial (C-h T) -- which you should read all of --
>  >
>  > Its not quite what I meant. I know its possible to change a buffer by
> C-x b
>  > <name of buffer> RET.
>  >
>  > But I don't think its very efficient that I need to type the buffers
>  > name (enventhough I can use TAB to auto complete).
>  >
>  > It takes less time just to hold down ctrl and left mouse button at
> the same
>  > time and then choose the buffer from that menu.
>  >
>  > What I thought of was something like using Alt-Tab to shift between
> windows,
>  > where a menu pops up and you the find the buffer you need by repeately
>  > pressing Tab while holding down Alt.
>
> Try `C-x C-b' (M-x list-buffers).
>
> Try `M-x electric-buffer-list', which I like enough to override that key
> binding: (global-set-key "\C-x\C-b" 'electric-buffer-list) ; was
> list-buffers
>
> Try `C-x b ?', but with TAB and M-TAB bound to cycle through the
> completions: http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/minibuffer-complete-cycle.el

I have put this file in my load path but I would like to make it a standard
option in my .emacs file. How do I do that?

In the comments it says that:

;; highlighting it in the *Completions* buffer.  As before, the window
;; displaying the possible completions is scrolled if necessary.  This
;; feature is enabled by loading this file and setting the
;; `minibuffer-complete-cycle' option to t with `M-x customize-variable'
;; or `M-x set-variable'; it is disabled by unsetting the option (to
;; nil).  Besides t, the special value `auto' enables the feature and
;; also causes the first completion to be selected immediately.

But I don't know how to set a value to "t".

I have tried: M-x customize-variable-t

but that gives no match.