RE: how to not show images?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: how to not show images?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:01:58 -0700

    > What about this am I not expressing clearly?

    the buffer(s) where you would like to see this happen.

I said several times: _any_ buffer where images are displayed.

1st email: "in a buffer or in all displayed buffers"
2nd email:
          What images are you talking about?
      Images displayed in an Emacs buffer.  ... all
      images in an Emacs session, or at least in a
      given Emacs buffer.
3rd email:
      turn on/off displaying of (all) images in Emacs,
      such as you can do in most Web browsers

----

    since each buffer has its major mode and each major mode can (and
    often does) take complete charge of a buffer's presentation, it's
    difficult to find as a concise answer as "emacs -nw"

Kevin's solution was concise: either (setq image-types nil) or advise
display-images-p. I haven't been able to make those work on Windows, but
they apparently work OK for him on Solaris.

Yes, without such a global feature, it could be complicated. That's why I
was asking if there was a global feature (like images-types), to not have to
deal with different types of images, different ways images might be inserted
in a buffer, different major-mode display options etc.