Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 and w3 on Debian
Date: 23 May 2005 08:27:02 +1000

Thierry Emery <address@hidden> writes:

> Tim X <address@hidden> writes:
> > It seems that
> > there is a problem with relative links within w3 and I wanted to know
> > if anyone else has seen this and possibly has a solution.
> I have never experienced such a problem ; do you have an example
> that is accessible on internet ?

Well, it seems pretty much any page with a relative link which is not
relative to the document root of the server. An example is

If you try to follow the "About ITD" link on that page, instead of
I get

which doesn't work (obviously).

I will check the page for incorrect HTML - however, the above pages
work with every other browser I've tried - w3m, firefox, opera, IE.

> A wild guess: is there an erroneous
> <base href="";>
> in ?

Will check, but doubt its a page specific problem as all other
browsers are dealing with this page (and other) fine. Note that w3
under xemcas also works fine.

Tim Cross