Re: Modeline position

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: Modeline position
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:07:58 -0500

Thank you.

I used default-header-line-format, which works well. Otherwise the
format remains buffer-local I believe.

(setq default-header-line-format default-mode-line-format
        default-mode-line-format nil)

And for those of you who use ecb, you can hook into
ecb-redraw-layout-after-hook with something clunky like this (which
also turns off fringes in emacs CVS)

(defun ecb-hook ()
  (let ((l (list ecb-directories-buffer-name
                 ecb-sources-buffer-name
                 ecb-methods-buffer-name
                 ecb-history-buffer-name)))
    (progn
      (mapcar '(lambda (x) (set-window-fringes (get-buffer-window x) 0 0)) l)
      (mapcar '(lambda (x) (setq mode-line-format nil)) l)
      (set-window-fringes ecb-edit-window 5 5)
      )))

And if you edit ecb-mode-line-update-buffer (in ecb-mode-line.el) to
use header-line-format instead of mode-line-format, you'll be all set
(there don't seem to be any hooks that work :( you'll need to
hard-code it).

Patrick