RE: C-s, then yank / cua-paste

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: C-s, then yank / cua-paste
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:43:14 -0700

    A lot of times I need to search for a string that I have just moved
    to the kill-ring (or, in my case, actually just the clipboard).
    So what I do is C-s, C-y, or C-s, H-v, where H-v is mapped to cua-
    paste. Neither variant gives me the expected result.

    Why can I not paste something into the minibuffer?
    Can I enable this somehow?

C-h c C-s -> C-s runs the command isearch-forward

C-h f RET isearch-forward RET

isearch-forward is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `isearch'.

 ... <lots of interesting stuff deleted>...

Type M-y to yank last killed text onto end of search string and search for
it.