Re: applying changes in .emacs

From: Neon Absentius
Subject: Re: applying changes in .emacs
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:11:02 +0000

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 07:16:55AM -0700, Baloff wrote:
> Hello
> this is a command to apply chnages I just did to my .emacs to take
> effect without having to reopen emacs. could someone say it?

Just evaluate the changes you made: M-x eval-buffer RET

(info "(elisp)eval")  <--- hit C-x C-e here.

in particular see eval-region and  eval-buffer.
You might also want to check the loading node. You can load your .emacs
by using M-x load-file RET /path/to/.emacs RET

(info "(elisp)Loading")  <--- hit C-x C-e here.

HTH

--
Charity in capitalism is like urinating to extinguish a forest fire.
    -- Neon Absentius