Re: {}-block matching in minibuffer

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Re: {}-block matching in minibuffer
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:19:38 +0200

Klaus Berndl wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Marc Tfardy wrote:

Johan Bockgård wrote:

Marc Tfardy <m-t-o___CUT_IT___@web.de> writes:

I use c-mode often and I have often very long if-blocks, so when I
close if-block with '}' I can't see the flashing beginnig-} because
it is not visible on the screen. I know, there ist a method to say
Emacs, it should display the line with beginning-{ in minibufer when
I close the block, but I don't know how. Could someone give me one
hint? Thanks!

Hint: The same question was asked here (gnu.emacs.help) 3 days ago.

Thanks for this hint! I found thread you mean ("matching
parenthesis").
In my emacs (21.3.1) directory was no file mic-paren.el, so I downloaded
it from http://user.it.uu.se/~mic/emacs.html and everything works fine!
Thanks again!

This version is fully outdated!!

Please go to the Emacs Wiki and download the current version:

It can be obtained from the packages-site of Emacs Wiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/index.html.

Go down the list and find a current mic-paren.el. Much smarter than what you
have downloaded and fixes some bugs.

Yes, I found this link already in "matching parenthesis", but
unfortunately I get:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403

But I will try later.

regards

Marc