Link between two buffers

From: Marc Tfardy
Subject: Link between two buffers
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:54:30 +0100

Hi,

I have following problem:
I have two buffers in one frame, both contains the same file, but
showing diffrent parts of the file. The lines are longer than
the frame wide is, so I see always a part of the line (I set
the variable truncate-lines to t). My wish is, that when I move
the cursor horzintally in one line in one buffer the other buffer
move automaticly in the same direction by the same amount of characters,
in other words - both move parallel. How can I do it? Any ideas?

The bacground: my file contains a very wide table. The first
line of the table is the header, then follows many lines of data.
When I edit something far away from the header line, I don't see
the header and I don't know about what column I just edit.
My idea is, I open the file twice. The upper buffer show me
alway the header, the bottom buffer show me data, but both buffers
are linked, so I see alway the correct description in upper
buffer.

regards

Marc