emacsclient/server on Windows

From: Francis Leboutte
Subject: emacsclient/server on Windows
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:58:25 +0200

Hello,

I have tried to use emacsclient/server on Windows. I haven't found any
emacsclient executable in the Emacs distribution. Looking on the web,
I found this in an email of the gnu lists archive: "I just want to
tell that w32 still have no working emacsclient/server.
Gnuserver/client is a workaround, but as far as I understand this can
currently not be part of Emacs because of license problems."

Does someone have more info about the possible port of emacsclient?

Is Gnuserver/client a viable alternative? Should I use Xemacs or some
other variant?

This is very important to me. The availability of emacsclient/server
on Windows is one of the main raisons for us to switch to emacs.
Shortly I have to develop an ontology editor for KM (Knowledge
Machine, from Texas edu), Emacs would be the text editor.

Thanks,
Francis Leboutte
www.algo.be