Re: customizing double click

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: Re: customizing double click
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:18:09 -0400

> Does the following excerpt from the ELisp manual help you understand
> the issue?

yeah, I think I understand that part, but can't figure out why my
customizing isn't working. When I rebind [double-down-mouse-1] to my
function, it gets executed on a double click (from the double-down
event) but the subsequent double-mouse-1 (click) event doesn't have
its usual selection effect. It seems that event does get generated,
though, because a debugging message I put in my function dimmediately
isappears from the echo area (presumably because of the double-mouse-1
event).

However, what's more puzzling is that when I rebind
[double-mouse-1] to my function, the double-down event should run
mouse-drag-region (as it gets demoted to a down-mouse-1 event) but
then the double-mouse (click) event should still run my function. But
it doesn't seem to, because debugging messages in the function don't
get printed. (I checked the *Messages* buffer.)