Re: applying changes in .emacs

From: don provan
Subject: Re: applying changes in .emacs
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:35:25 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> There's no command to do that, since quite a few fragments in a
> typical .emacs file cannot be re-evaluated without causing bad side
> effects.

Wow. I would have said .emacs code is broken if it cannot be
re-evaluated without causing bad side effects, so I must be missing
something. Can you give some examples and explain why they can't be
avoided? About the only thing I'm aware of doing is adding duplicate
entries to some lists, and even that I could avoid if I thought the
effect would amount to something bad.

-don provan