Re: Calling `compile` command on a remote host

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Calling `compile` command on a remote host
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:23:55 +0200

Anakreon <anakreonmejdi@yahoo.gr> writes:

> I noticed three minor problems with tramp-compile

[...]

> Is the tramp package maintained and developed so I can hope to see those
> issues
> resolved?

As I wrote in my first message, Tramp provides _limited_ compilation
support for remote files. It cannot emulate everything what is offered
by compile.el. Instead of, it is intended to improve Emacs' process
communication in order to let packages like compile.el run out of the
box for remote files. This is under discussion; the discussion is
postponed until Emacs 22 is released.

And yes, Tramp is maintained (I'm one of the maintainers). This
feature is on the todo list with high priority - at least for me :-)

> Anakreon

Best regards, Michael.