Re: wrong type argument commandp defadvice

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: wrong type argument commandp defadvice
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:38:02 +0200

* cerios (2005-09-12) writes:

> Hi, I got this error
>      wrong type argument commandp defadvice
> on visiting a .tex file, and then emacs mostly froze - the menus
> were still active, but I could not move the cursor or do any
> command using the menu, even quit.

Could you please type `M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET', reproduce the
error and post the backtrace (in case you get one)?

> It's not nicely repeatable -  I visited the same .tex file again
> and it did not happen.  I've at least one other similar error recently.

Do you get the same error if you copy the line
(defadvice foo (after bar activate))
into the *scratch* buffer, place point after the last parenthesis and
type `C-x C-e'?

> This is on 22.0.50.1 on a mac.
>
> If anything I suspect something related to the jde package, though
> I don't know where to begin to deal with this.
>
> Annoying... emacs was rock solid for ages; I wish I could

Are you aware that you are running a development version of Emacs?

--
Ralf