Re: Windows

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Windows
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:09:29 -0800

* Justin Hunter <address@hidden> [050923 18:30]:
> I am having a huge problem getting emacs going on my Windows XP system.  I
> am not a computer programmer so I am having some difficulty understanding
> the directions.  Can you help?
  Echoing the last response, and adding to it a suggestion:

  1)Start by telling us what part of the instructions for
    installation you are at and what the error messages

  2)If you have a web site with ftp access or some other
    uploading feature, why not do a print screen of the
    error messages that you are seeing. I'm a linux
    user, so my instructions are going to be pretty
    general, but your XP box should give a you the
    ability to make a copy of the screen as some kind
    of image format file, jpg, gif etc and you can save
    that image and upload it, then give us a URL to it
    and we can observe thru your eyes so to speak.