Re: Difference in major mode autoload between 21.3.x and 22.0.x?

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Difference in major mode autoload between 21.3.x and 22.0.x?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:24:02 +0200

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:15:53 +0200
Markus Nißl <mnissl@arcor.de> wrote:

#> Using Emacs 22.0.50.1, xsl-mode is only loaded automatically when
#> I create a new xsl file. When I open an existing xsl file, xml
#> mode is loaded instead.

#> Anybody an idea what's wrong?

From the documentation of auto-mode-alist:

    See also `interpreter-mode-alist', which detects executable script modes
    based on the interpreters they specify to run,
    and `magic-mode-alist', which determines modes based on file contents.

I suppose you should take a look at magic-mode-alist

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.
After that, it's all learned