Emacs for Windows Syntax Highlighting

From: hikinvt
Subject: Emacs for Windows Syntax Highlighting
Date: 17 Oct 2005 07:35:44 -0700

First, I appreciate anyone who can help with this.

I am running GNU EMACS for Windows and cannot get Syntax Highlighting
to work. Or at least it doesn't seem that I can. I'm studying Assembler
programming with HLA, however the structure and much of the syntax is
really similar to C. I've enabled highlighting in options (repeatedly)
and it makes no difference. I have found information on modifying the
startup files for other versions (UNIX and Linux) but not for Windows.

Thanks,
hikinvt