Re: M-x shell not working

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: M-x shell not working
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:02:29 +0200

Am 19.10.2005 um 11:00 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

And check GNU Emacs' eshell too!

I'm sorry: I mentioned the wrong tool yesterday. It's not eshell, the shell in Elisp, that I wanted to recommend, but terminal! M-x term RET will create a *terminal* buffer that behaves better as a terminal emulation. Please try whether terminal behaves more like shell before!

Most of its features are described in a description of term-mode (C-h f term RET, position cursor on 'term-mode' and press enter -- I don't know whether there is better way to access this information). In info you'll find in the Emacs department a node 'Term mode' -- quite short.

Got Mole problems?
Call Avogadro 6.02 x 10^23