Re: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: How can I kill these buffers automatically (Woman-log Completions)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 07:51:11 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> That's because you set woman-show-log too late: it should be set
> _before_ woman.elc is loaded.  Alternatively, use the Customize
> feature to customize the value of the variable, and have Customize
> write the correct code into your .emacs.

I tried it placing the line right at the top of my .emacs and it still
wont do anything, also tried via the customize menus also with no effect.

> What for?  Why would another buffer make a difference?

Because although I use Iswitch buffer, when I have *Compile-log*
*Completions* and some other file I might be visiting that happens to
begin with Comp it becomes for me at least, a little extra step to type
out the buffer name. (or enough of the buffer name to be unique)

Maybe its because I am relatively new to emacs and this is the way it
works, you just get used to having lots of buffers? I will bind
something to bury-buffer I suppose.

>> ,----
>> | (setq remove-help-window t)
>> `----

> I don't see such a variable in my Emacs.  Where did you hear about it?

Yes I dont know where I got that from and have removed it.

> I also don't see any sense in killing the *Help* buffer, because it
> will be reused (and recreated, if needed) by the next help command.
> It is also handy to go to that buffer if you forgot some detail.

I dont care really if emacs has to recreate the buffer but I see
your point though about forgetting something and having to take another
look.

Thank you.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----