Re: Installing emacs mode

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Installing emacs mode
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:09:09 -0500

Open emacs on Windows, then load ~/.emacs

Emacs will automatically go to what is considered your home directory
and attempt to open this file. You can see which directory you're in
by executing a dired command from within this file (C-x d)

Alternately, you can set the home environment variable to the
directory of your choosing. I have cygwin installed, and have set the
home directory to c:/cygwin/home/cmcmahan. Works just like a unix
environment for me (with a few caveats).

I set up my environment variables from within my .tcshrc, then launch
emacs from that shell to inherit them on startup. I avoid messing with
the windows environment, but can customize my emacs and cygwin
variables to my heart's content!

- Chris

--
     (.   .)