Re: savehist -- save minibuffer history between Emacs invocations

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: savehist -- save minibuffer history between Emacs invocations
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:05:59 -0500

[ Follow up set ]

> (define-minor-mode foo-mode "blah")
> (symbol-plist 'foo-mode)
-> (variable-documentation "Non-nil if Foo mode is enabled.
> Use the command `foo-mode' to change this variable.")

> Are you sure it gives the variable any special properties recognized
> by custom?  I should at least have a `custom-type' property.

By default define-minor-mode defines a buffer-local minor mode.
For global minor modes, you need to add a ":global t" argument.
The variable of buffer-local minor modes is not a `defcustom' because Custom
doesn't really handle buffer-local variables in a meaningful way.

        Stefan