Re: Mark current column

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: Mark current column
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 11:27:18 GMT

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:45:24 +0200, Johan Bockgård wrote:

> Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> vvb-mode can highlight the column of a given number; I would like to
>> add a little more "intelligence": determine the number of the
>> current column (from current pos), then highlight it.
>
> `vvb-sticky-p':
>
>   non-nil makes the vertical bar sticky to, ie, following the `point',
>   in which case `vvb-column' & `vvb-right-on-eol-p' have no effect.

Hi,

thanks!

In fact vvb-sticky-p doesn't do what I wanted: it moves the marker with the
point, while I need a permanent marker "sticked" at the fixed position
where the point was when I pressed C-c ...

However vvb-mode can be good, but I think I should add a new function to
it. Someting like "add the pos of the point to vvb-columns + set
vvb-permanent-p to t"...

Br,