Re: ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: Re: ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:55:12 -0800

I finally got the debugging information I needed....The *Backtrace* buffer
yields the following when I attempt to run ispell...

I'n running ntemacs 21.3 on windows xp.

With ispell (3.2.02 from
http://www.fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp/aftp/pub/ptex/utils/ ) yields,

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  ispell-get-word(nil)
  ispell-word(nil nil nil)
  call-interactively(ispell-word)

and version 3.1.20 yields

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  re-search-forward(nil 77 t)
  ispell-get-line(1 77 133)
  byte-code("b,HF Ç(B È \nÆÉ=§

when I attempt to spell check the scratch buffer....

Since I'm not about to start learning how to code in yet another langauge
and I've got to get some work done, can someone lend a debugging hand?

I forgot to mention emacs is the biz!

Jeff.