RE: thesaurus

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: thesaurus
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:51:24 -0800

    What thesaurus solution do you recommend for english language in
    emacs? The mthesaur solution is ridiculously slow for me and I have no
    idea how to speed it up.

I just wrote synonyms.el, which I recommend that you at least try. I started
from code in mthesaur.el, so I don't guarantee this is faster, but give it a
try. I don't notice any speed problems, even when I use a pretty general
regexp (e.g. "ava.*e") for the search, but YMMV.

You can get it here: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/synonyms.el. The
doc is here: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Synonyms. Feedback
welcome.

HTH - Drew