Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:56:24 +0100

just checked, calling
    mozilla -remote "openfile(/home/toto/42/foo.txt)"

on my Debian System *reloads* "foo.txt" if it is already displayed in firefox.
There is a setting in FireFox 1.5 for how this works. Look in the Options window under Tabs. The settings in "Open links from other applications in:" determines this.

Unfortunately it does not seem like you can override this with -remote. Or am I wrong?