Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:02:26 -0500

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

   On this I am afraid we have irreconcilable differences.  You (and
   David) are over-focused on free software in the abstract sense of
   freedom.  Fine as a principle but it does not increase the freedom of
   computer users on a daily basis.  IMHO where freedom counts is not in
   the abstract but at the keyboards and mouses and displays of users.

   If the goal is to promote freedom for computer users and to change the
   world for the better, then attention must be paid to the useability of
   free software and removing the obstacles to adoption by the
   mainstream.  If the goal is to carve out some morally superior stance,
   then by all means carry on as you are.  As far as I can tell, that's
   all the current approach is going to get you.

What is not reconcilable is your opinion on a GNU mail list and you
are free to express that. Uncanny.