Re: Comment problem java-mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Comment problem java-mode
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:09:47 +0000

Lars Knoesel <address@hidden> wrote on 07 Jan 2006 22:10:23 GMT:
> Hi,

> I have a little comment problem within java-mode (GNU Emacs 21.4.1).

> public class AClass
> {
>     public AClass()
>     {
>       try {
>           // This is a comment and after reaching the end
>     of line the comment is broken.

> How can I solve this problem?

Er, what is the problem, exactly?  I think you're saying that as you type
a (longish) comment, it gets broken automatically (which is probably what
you want) but the new line doesn't automatically get the comment opener

Do you still get the problem if you start Emacs without your own
configuration?  (Start Emacs with the command line

# "emacs --no-site-file -q"

If you can't sort this out, please do one of two things: (i) Upgrade to
the newest CC Mode, available from <>;
or (ii) Use C-c C-b to get a dump of your configuration, then post that

> Many thanks in advance.

> Best regards,

> Lars

Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)