Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?

From: ken
Subject: Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 10:32:49 -0500

On 04 Jan 2006 16:29:41 -0700 Edward Dodge <user@foo.bar> wrote:

> batkins57@gmail.com writes:
>
> If the "code" you are speaking of is actually .html, you can simply
> bind the following function to a handy key-combination:
>
> browse-url-of-file
>
> Also,  you may have to set your default browser for the
> "browse-url..." commands to Firefox in your .emacs.

Thanks for the hint.  The dunces among us (e.g., see Sender field) need
more.  It seems that, with my emacs setup anyway, if you're not using
netscape, it's necessary to Customize the "Browse Url Browser Function"
variable.  I already found out that the CLI command to open a URL in
Firefox is

mozilla -a firefox -remote 'openURL(http://www.domain.tld/file.html)'

So a couple brain cells are telling me to do this into Customize:

mozilla -a firefox -remote'openURL(buffer-file-name)'

But unless this function is smarter than I think I am, I doubt this is
going to work... because buffer-file-name returns the name of a file
while the "mozilla -a firefox..." command calls for a URL.

In fact, I just tried to save the customization and got an error:

"Invalid function: mozilla".

Any help appreciated.

--
"It is not knowable how long that conflict would last, it could last,
you know, six days, six weeks.  I doubt six months."