Editing files over ssh

From: Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões
Subject: Editing files over ssh
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:05:03 +0000

Hi

Yeah, I know there was a thread about editing files over ftp. If in that thread there was discussion about ssh as well, let me know.

Now, I tested some time ago a third-part plugin for emacs to edit files over ssh. It was very strange to use, and gave me some problems.

My question is: there is any good and efficient way to edit files over ssh, or should I continue using vim when ssh'ing for those machines?

Thank you
Kind regards,
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal