Re: Emacs for Windows?

From: Ramprasad B
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:45:28 -0800 (PST)

--- Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> wrote:

> pirsig sez: quality is the moment of perception.

Other systems are which are being released early
from it's previous releases, quite conforms to the quality.

> (you can download and build emacs at whatever frequency surprises you least
> --
> don't let "officials" of any stripe interfere w/ your emacs enjoyment. ;-)

i made this point not for my Emacs enjoyment.
If a system is not being released early from it's previous releases,
the users (novice / experienced) from FOSS world and proprietary world (more),
lose interest in that particular system, because the first impression the
user gets is, the system development is not active / outdated.
Do we need this ?
We need to get more and more users from closed source domain world also.

For e.g. If a novice user from proprietary world
wants to just taste FOSS world system, he won't be
having enough patience as much as experienced FOSS user to get from
CVS, compile, etc - the latest version of the system, which is not
yet released officially.

So, at the first place if we make an good impression of the system,
we hit the target half way through in getting more users, especially from
proprietary world.

My half cents :).

--
Ramprasad B