Re: Turn off password prompting on specific buffer

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Turn off password prompting on specific buffer
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:44:02 +0000

gamename wrote:
Hi,

How do I turn off "comint-watch-for-password-prompt" on a particular
buffer?  I'm testing apps in a shell buffer which uses the "password:"
string.  This confuses comint.

TIA,
-T

Gamename,

Try
(make-local-variable 'comint-password-prompt-regexp)
(setq comint-password-prompt-regexp [?^ 0 ?$])

This makes the password-prompt string local to the current buffer
(the shell), and then sets it to a single Ctrl-@ (ASCII 0) on a line,
hopefully that sequence will never appear.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.