Re: Yet another rookie question replace-regexp

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Yet another rookie question replace-regexp
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:56:56 -0500

The general problem with M-x comment-region is that it doesn't handle
lines with comments.  You get something like:

        /* int i;   /* comment */*/

Personally, I like #if 0 for commenting out large chunks, using this function.

; function to comment a region using #if 0

(defun if0-region (p1 p2)
  (interactive "r")
  (let* ()
  (goto-char p1)
  (beginning-of-line)

  (insert "#if 0\n")
  (goto-char (+ p2 +9))
  (beginning-of-line)
  (insert "#endif\n")))

Hans-Christoph Wirth wrote:
billy <bp1497@att.com> wrote:

If I want to comment out a 50 lines of 10k I don't want to comment out
each line one at a time.  I would like to do C-space bar them move
below the last line I want to effect, the do

M-x comment-region