bold fonts and flyspell

From: Shug Boabby
Subject: bold fonts and flyspell
Date: 22 Mar 2006 06:58:06 -0800

When a word is marked misspelled by flyspell, the word is made bold...
this bothers me a little, because it screws with the constant width
font layout I have in certain circumstances. I don't always want to add
words to the dictionary in order to fix this (e.g. when flyspell is not
smart enough about words with accents in LaTeX mode).

Is there any way I can turn off the bold-ification? And on a more
general note, I'd like to turn off all font resizing powers across the
board. Does anyone know how I can do that? I likes my fixed width fonts!