Chinese font displays not well in Emacs 23

From: 陈宇飞
Subject: Chinese font displays not well in Emacs 23
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:23:59 +0800

I have been using Emacs 23 for about 3 months and it worked well for
me.(Or it should be called the unicode branch? I use it because I want
to use utf8 encoded Chinese in Emacs) But recently after I checked out
the latest CVS souce code and recompiled it I've got a big problem:
the Chinese font in Emacs is too small. I didn't configure any thing
before this recompilation and the Chinese font displayed fine in
Emacs. After googled some time I writed the following to .Xdefaults:

Emacs.Font: fontset-chinese
Emacs.Fontset-0: -adobe-courier-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-chinese,\
ascii: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--14-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1,\
chinese-gb2312:-*-simsun-medium-r-*-*-16-160-72-72-p-160-iso10646-1

and then the Chinese font in Emacs displays much better. However,
there are still some problems. The first one is that some characters
displays only part of it with some parts missing. The second one is
that some punctuation doesn't display and the white space also behaves
strange. I added an attachment which is a screenshot of the Chinese
font in my current Emacs.

The good thing is that I noticed that now the Chinese font has
different size while it has only one size before. I don't know if this
is a new feature in the latest Emacs 23.

Is this a problem of the latest Emacs 23 or I've missed something in
the configuration? Any suggenstion is welcome.