Re: [MH-E] Eorror: Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: [MH-E] Eorror: Install MH and run install-mh before running MH-E
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:32:45 -0700

Henrik Enberg <henrik.enberg@telia.com> wrote:

> Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com> writes:
>
> > By the way, which system are you using? Which version of MH? Which
> > version of MH-E? If you're using Debian or Ubuntu, you can just
> > install the MH-E package.
>
> FWIW, I've seen several systems where the mh executables are installed
> in a subdirectory of /usr/bin, so they're not avalible in $PATH.  I
> think Debian is one of them.

Actually, the MH binaries are installed in their own directory on pretty
much all systems:

(defvar mh-sys-path
  '("/usr/local/nmh/bin"                ; nmh default
    "/usr/local/bin/mh/"
    "/usr/local/mh/"
    "/usr/bin/mh/"                      ; Ultrix 4.2, Linux
    "/usr/new/mh/"                      ; Ultrix < 4.2
    "/usr/contrib/mh/bin/"              ; BSDI
    "/usr/pkg/bin/"                     ; NetBSD
    "/usr/local/bin/"
    "/usr/local/bin/mu-mh/"             ; GNU mailutils - default
    "/usr/bin/mu-mh/")                  ; GNU mailutils - packaged
  "List of directories to search for variants of the MH variant.
The list `exec-path' is searched in addition to this list.
There's no need for users to modify this list. Instead add extra
directories to the customizable variable `mh-path'.")