Re: Remote .emacs file

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Remote .emacs file
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:12:50 -0600

Leonid Grinberg wrote:
I am a long-time Perl programmer, but unfortunately only know
Emacs-Lisp on a theoretical level. However, I do use Emacs a lot, and
have a relatively small, but still useful .emacs file. It has
configurations in it, without which I am starting to feel
uncomfortable. I use Emacs on many different machines (~5), and it
would be nice to have a standard .emacs file.

In Perl, I could easily put one on the web, and then have Perl
download it and use eval() to load the functions in it. However, I do
not know how to do this with Elisp.

So these computers do not share the same home directory?  Bummer.

Try this in each machine's ~/.emacs file:

(load "/@server:/path/to/your-dot-emacs" nil nil t)

--
Kevin Rodgers
Sr. Software Engineer, IHS