Anyone have a 'move-line' function?

From: Joe Smith
Subject: Anyone have a 'move-line' function?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:44:16 -0400

I'd like a function that moves the current line up (or down) in a buffer. I just make do with kill/yank or transpose-lines, but sometimes I'd just like to hit a key and move the line, preferably without losing point.

As an exercise, I played with writing such a function, and I have something that works but it turns out to be fairly tricky to get it exactly right. So if there's something already done, or I've missed something obvious (most likely), I'll study that before I keep banging away.

<Joe