Re: TRAMP doesn't work anymore

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: TRAMP doesn't work anymore
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:52:20 +0200

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

> Hi,

> since a CVS update about one week ago TRAMP mode doesn't work
> anymore.

Unfortunately, you don't mention Tramp's and Emacs' version. Let's
assume you're using Tramp 2.1.6-pre and GNU Emacs 22.0.50 (the latter
one is obvious from your User-Agent header line).

> I assume this could be caused by the discussion starting with
> <87r73n5o5x.fsf@pacem.orebokech.com> on gmane.emacs.devel.

Yes. The result of this discussion is a changed autoload behaviour for
Tramp. It was committed to Emacs CVS a week ago. I did wait for a week
in order to see whether there are unexpected side effects. Since
nobody did object, I've applied the changes into Tramp CVS yesterday.

In other words: it should work now ...

> Bye,
> Tassilo

Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Michael.