Reading Texinfo files

From: RD
Subject: Reading Texinfo files
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 21:28:54 -0400

I downloaded the elisp manual Texinfo files to my Windows XP machine, but I don't know how to read them.

They are sitting in their own directory.

I downloaded the Texinfo "Complete package, except sources" from, but that produces only a bunch of documents, no executable.

How do I read the manuals? Do I copy them to the emacs "info" subdirectory, and then "Browse manuals with info" from the "Help" menu? Is there a Texinfo reader somewhere?