Bug in unread-command-events?

From: Martin Blais
Subject: Bug in unread-command-events?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:31:25 +0000 (UTC)

Is this a bug?

   (global-set-key [(control x)(control l)]
                   '(lambda () (interactive)
                      (print (this-command-keys))
                      (print last-input-event)))

   (setq unread-command-events (listify-key-sequence "^X^L")))

Where is the missing ^L in the print output?
When I invoke the command by hand two characters
are included, but when I push on the list programmatically
the last one is missing.

Any hint appreciated.