Re: can emacs hava a function like vi -x filename to encrypt a file

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: can emacs hava a function like vi -x filename to encrypt a file
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:26:20 +1000

"hallen" <longhrs@gmail.com> writes:

> can emacs hava a function like vi -x filename  to encrypt a file?

Have a look at crypt++. this is a mode which allows you to
encrypt/decrypt files within emacs. I use it regularly and it works
very reliably. When I use C-x C-f to access an encrypted file, emacs
asks me for the pass phrase and then decrypts the file before
displaying it. When I save the file, emacs automatically encrypts it
again.

I think you can find more infor about crypt++ at www.emacswiki.org

Tim

--