Re: swap CapsLock and Ctrl only in Emacs

From: Stein Arild Strømme
Subject: Re: swap CapsLock and Ctrl only in Emacs
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:24:26 +0200

[B. T. Raven]

| .... I can't imagine a scenario in which, for instance, the same
| person would want to use a qwerty keyboard for one application and a
| dvorak for another.

Not exactly the example that you mention, and not really relevant to
the thread, but I for one prefer a standard (that is, US :-) qwerty
layout when in emacs and in bash, but a Norwegian key layout when in
some other applications.  In fact, I have posted questions on several
forums and usenet groups on how to achieve this automatically under
Mac OS X.

For the question of the thread, is not keyboard-translate (an emacs
function) a possibility?

    keyboard-translate is a compiled Lisp function in `subr.el'.
    (keyboard-translate from to)

    Translate character from to to at a low level.
    This function creates a `keyboard-translate-table' if necessary
    and then modifies one entry in it.

SA
--
Stein Arild Strømme            +47 55584825, +47 95801887
Universitetet i Bergen                  Fax: +47 55589672