Re: Can't use tooltip of dictionary package in Emacs 23

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Can't use tooltip of dictionary package in Emacs 23
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:08:31 +0200

"Chiyuan Zhang" <pluskid.zju@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Chiyuan,

> [dictionary-tooltips don't work with emacs >= 22.]

Two month ago I wrote a german-english translation app (in Ruby, RDictCc
[1]) and tried to integrate it into GNU Emacs, so that I easily can
translate the word at point or replace it with its translation.

Then I thought those tooltips could be nice and had a look on how
dictionary.el implements it. But it didn't work at all. I'm not sure if
it's a bug in emacs 22, or if it was rather an intended change.

So to make it short: Yes, dictionary.el's tooltips don't work with
emacsen >= 22.

Bye,
Tassilo

Footnotes:
[1] http://www.uni-koblenz.de/%7Eheimdall/apps.php
--
"Emacs is not a development tool but a way of life."
     - David Kastrup in alt.religion.emacs -