Re: open file in the same emacs window from krusader

From: harry meyers
Subject: Re: open file in the same emacs window from krusader
Date: 16 Jul 2006 06:31:07 -0700

Stefan Horomnea schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I use Krusader for navigating very quickly to files (i have shortcuts
> and a quick navigation) , and when I find the right file, if I have the
> emacs opened, I just drag the file from Krusader in emacs space and
> emacs opens my file. This is awesome. Cause I locate the files much
> quicker with Krusader than emacs. But. Like most of you, probably I try
> to work very much with keys instead of mouse.
> I want to open the file under the cursor (in Krusader) in the already
> opened emacs window but not with the drag and drop technic, instead I
> want to open it with a key shortcut. I know how to do a key shortcut in
> Krusader, to execute a bash command. But I don't know what bash command
> to give it (with the file as an argument of course) so that the already
> opened emacs will open that file.
> Do you have any idea how can I attack this problem ?
>

> thanks,
> stefan

Emacslient is the way:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsClient
If you have an emacs running you can open files within the bash with
emacslient foofile
You have to activate emacs server with putting (server-start) to your
~/.emacs for example. Or to give a try type M-x server-start from
within emacs.

harry