Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: create and open tags in windows and other markings...
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:39:01 +0200

"newbKt" <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering if it was possible to create a tags file and open all
> of the files in the buffer at once. I need very explicit instructions,
> not rtfm. I tried to type etags in the minibuffer, but I don't think
> that was the correct location because I never could finish typing the
> word without emacs triggering some macro or going into straight text. I
> couldn't figure out where in the world I was supposed to type it.

You mention etags so I guess you refer to "tags" in the old sense. But
in case you mean the modern, hyped tags, you might want to test a
little experiment I did some weeks ago:

With it you can add meta data about files and later use that data to
find files in different ways. You can for example tag files that you
use in a certain project, with some keyword, even if they are placed
in different directories.