How to get emacs to save files as UTF8

From: eric . goforth
Subject: How to get emacs to save files as UTF8
Date: 28 Jul 2006 11:21:31 -0700

Hello,

I've changed the following in my .emacs file:

(custom-set-variables
  ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom -- don't edit or
cut/paste it!
 '(case-fold-search t)
 '(current-language-environment "UTF-8")
 '(default-input-method "rfc1345")
 '(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock)))
(custom-set-faces
  ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom -- don't edit or cut/paste
it!
 )

However, I'm opening all of the .asp files in a directory using dired,
doing a search and replace for 65001, replacing it with 65001.

The first line of all my .asp files is:
 <%@ Language=VBScript CodePage=65001 %>

I then save all the files, but when I open one with notepad and do a
save as, ANSI is the default Encoding, leading me to think that they
aren't being saved as UTF8.

I'm using NTEmacs 21.3.1.  Alternatively, if someone knows of a quick
way to change the Encoding of a bunch of files to UTF8 in Windows XP,
I'm all ears.

-Eric