M-0 within keyboard macros

From: medievalrants
Subject: M-0 within keyboard macros
Date: 8 Aug 2006 07:04:42 -0700

A problem I've worked around for years - wondering if there's a good
solution.
I sometimes want to create macros that include other macros. Normally,
this works fine. But if I want to execute the included macro as many
times as possible with M-0 (or a defined number of times that exceeds
the number in the file - e.g. M-10 when there are 5 executions in the
file), it seems like the macro rings the bell and execution stops, even
though there was more to do.

For instance - I use a macro to locate a chunk of text, and narrow the
screen - within the narrowed window, I want to execute a couple of
"included" macros M-0 times, returning to the top of the narrowed
window then widen the window and close the macro. (For re-execution
throughout the file).

(I'm a totally self-taught emacs user - I'm competent end enjoy
puzzling these things out but I have an arts background -- so be gentle
:)

Thanks
Alison