Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..

From: harel barzilai
Subject: Re: Pasting into emacs..with certain characters..
Date: 21 Aug 2006 12:45:43 -0700

I get the same "nil" for keyboard-coding-system but for
selection-coding-system
I get "selection-coding-system's value is
compound-text-with-extensions"

bjemacs wrote:
> I'm having the same issue as the writer above. In my case:
>
> C-h v keyboard-coding-system  returns  keyboard-coding-system's value is nil
>
> C-h v selection-coding-system  returns  [No Match]
>
> Hope this helps.

Ditto,
Harel
(again, I am running emacs not off my desktop but out of the Terminal
program (in ubuntu) running an ssh into a linux account from which I
run emacs)