Re: cannot send mail by emacs+gnus

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: cannot send mail by emacs+gnus
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:40:43 +0200

winsphinX <xxx@yyy.zzz> writes:

> Xavier Maillard 写道:
>> "winsphinX" <xxx@yyy.zzz> writes:
>>
>>> and in fact i cannot send to anyone, including myself.
>>
>> Are you sure of the credential part ?
>>

> i am not sure whether it is correct. is the format correct?
> (setq smtpmail-auth-credentials '(("smtp...." 25 "USERNAME"
> "PASSWORD")

That's correct.

Did you install anything such as TLS (GNU tls or starttls ?) Please
include the whole part related to smtpmail here so we can effectively
help you.

> 3, give up gnus if all the above tries fail.

If you think it is all about a gnus fault, you can try to ask them
directly (there is a mailing list dedicated to gnus).

Regards
--
Xavier