Re: How to input opening quote (inverted single quote)?

From: Ryo
Subject: Re: How to input opening quote (inverted single quote)?
Date: 7 Sep 2006 02:21:16 -0700

Thanks, Ed and David!

I can now input those characters.  The TeX input method is ideal to me
because I'm a regular LaTeX user.  Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate
my "accomplishments" here :-)   I'm using a web interface to
newsgroups (Google Groups) and I don't know how to input those
chacters on my web browser.  Copy and paste from emacs to
the brower doesn't work, either.  (Garbage on the browser.)

> Btw, does Hawaian use macrons? I knew that Maori did (I think).

Yes.  I work at the Manoa campus of the University of Hawaii.
The first vowel "a" in Manoa is long, which is indicated by a macron.
You can check, if you visit the homepage of our campus.

Anyway, I'm glad that emacs is so versatile.

Best regards,
Ryo