permissions on created files

From: Urs Thuermann
Subject: permissions on created files
Date: 18 Sep 2006 19:30:54 +0200

When emacs creates a new file, it does so using mode 0666 modified by
the process umask, i.e. newly created files don't have the executable
bit set.  I have search the Emacs docs (with C-h i) and have also
tried C-h a to find a way to change this.  I'd like to change emacs'
behavior so that it uses 0777 instead 0666 when the file begins with
the two characters #!.  Is that possible?  I couldn't find anything
like that.

urs